Downloadable PHP Code
|No database Post-A-Link (requires a PHP enabled web server)
This is the post-a-link script used on this site, V 2.0. It includes the following functionality:
- This is the first version which can notify the webmaster of links
added via an email. The link is included in the e-mail, so it can be
tested immediately. Helpful for screening questionable links.
- Writes to text files. No database required.
- A separate file for each category of links.
- Easier to maintain
- Convenient drop-down menu for navigation
- Links are categorized, each category loads on a separate page: no huge lists which scroll forever.
|MySQL Database Guestbook (requires a PHP/MySQL enabled web server)
The guestbook currently used on this site.
It is a simple script which requires a MySQL Database. What you see is what you get, but
please do not litter the guestbook with a ton of 'just testing' type entries. At least write something nice ;-)
|No database Guestbook (requires a PHP enabled web server)
The guestbook script formerly used on this site which you can still check out. This script was originally created by Daniel Williams (firstname.lastname@example.org) and modified by me to include
the following functionality:
- A checkbox for the users' choice in format (HTML or No HTML).
- The ability for a user to preview their changes before submitting.
- A check box for a user to decide whether or not to see a preview.
- Blank submissions are blocked from submission.
- An error message has been added when trying to insert a blank submission into the submit page.
- The primary submit form has been separated from guestbook.php3
in order to help prevent against multiple submissions (more aesthetic
- Various aesthetic changes (for consistency with
www.markdonline.com's look and feel, including a single pixel gif
(black.gif) in place of the HTML line rule.
|No database Ad Rotator (requires a PHP enabled web server)
This script is ideal for rotating a few ads on a small site without comittiing to an elaborate
database system. Since each ad is stored in its own include file,
it can contain HTML, quotes, semicolons, etc which may throw other scripts off.
Download Winzip here: